Thursday, July 28, 2011

Becoming a Sawyer: Part One - Second Attempt!

So this morning I paid my second visit to my local Social Security Office to start the process of legally becoming a Sawyer.

When it came to changing my name, I was faced with quite the conundrum. Drop the maiden name? Hyphenate it? Keep it the same? I finally settled on adding my maiden name as a middle name to honor my father's memory. Of course a name change has a few steps - the Social Security office being the first, followed by the DMV and the US Passport service. Then to send off proof of the name change to all of my banks and creditors. Oh the joys of changing your life.

Today ran a lot smoother than the last time, I was the first number called, no waiting! There were no hitches with the paperwork or the documents either!

Thankfully, today I am one step closer to becoming a true Sawyer!


PS. Dovey and I made BBQ Sloppy Joes for dinner this evening. DELICIOUS! We had tried them at Saddle Ranch a few months ago and decided to give it a go. We found a recipe that was capable of a perfect two portion split, substituted ground turkey meat and added green bell pepper and jalepeƱos to the mix... it was scrumptious! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment